Rowenta DA1560 Travel Steam Iron Review
- Steel Sole-plate – The micro-steam sole-plate of the iron is non-stick, to avoid running or damaging fabric
- Dual voltage (120/240V) – Allows you to conveniently power the iron wherever in the world you travel to.
- Steam control – Use steam to get rid of stubborn wrinkles using the vertical steam option
- Travel Ready – Compact design makes it easy to bring along and the folding handle makes for extra travel convenience.
- Adjustable temperature – Conveniently pick a temperature setting that will not damage your cloths.
- One year warranty – The iron comes with a one year warranty, which should give you some peace of mind in case the iron becomes faulty in the first year.
Overview and Design
No longer do you have to worry about burning or singing your clothes, because the Rowenta DA1560 is here for all your pressing needs. Whether at home, at work or on vacation, this iron takes care of your clothes no matter where you go.
This iron handles slight and tough wrinkles under a variety of fabrics and cloths. The burst of steam feature, as well as the vertical steam system, allows you to iron out clothes in any manner you wish.
The iron works incredibly well, works quickly and works quietly. The Rowenta DA1560 Steam Iron has different temperature settings to choose from, for anything from the most delicate of fabrics to the toughest of cloths.
The iron has a dual voltage system, which along with its compact design and fold-able handle, makes it easy for the device to be brought along on various trips.
Another thing that is unique to this device is its micro-steam stainless steel soleplate. This highly polished soleplate has 300 steam holes, which allows the steam from the iron to be evenly distributed throughout the length of the clothes being pressed. The soleplate glides smoothly over fabrics, and gets in between buttons, under collars and other hard to reach places.
User Reviews and Rating
The quality of this iron is outstanding
Philly Lawyer, Amazon Customer Review
“I bought this iron to take on vacation and it performed superbly. The numerous vents provided an exceptional amount of steam that took care of even the most stubborn wrinkles.
The iron’s compact size belies its power — it could easily substitute for a full sized iron at home. The quality of this iron is outstanding.“
From this by Philip Lawyer you can clearly see how users value the power you get with this compact sized iron.
I have mine for more than a year now. It is working great!
Nini, Amazon Customer Review
“Very good for college student, people who travel a lot, even for home. This iron is very light and small. The best thing is that this product deliver.
Does the works of those others big irons. I recommend this product who is looking for an iron. I have mine for more than a year now. It is working great.“
This review by Nini mentions how lightweight the iron is, which makes it perfect for travelling.
Simply put this is the BEST
Jeanette, Amazon Customer Review
“After buying many travel irons and none of them ever being worth anything, I recently purchased the Rowenta DA 1560, after reading many of the reviews.
Simply put this is the BEST, the steam that comes out of this little iron is amazing, wrinkles disappear. Thanks to all for your great reviews.“
Here Jeanette mentions how she is impressed by the steam feature from this compact iron.
- Dual voltage allows you to use the Rowenta iron at 120 volts or 240 volts.
- Comes with a folding handle, folds flat to make the iron even more compact for travel or storage.
- The steel soleplate makes ironing a breeze with its 200 steam holes.
- The irons compact size is great for traveling.
- The iron does take a while to cool down before you can pack it into a suitcase, which could be a problem if your in a hurry.
How much does this iron weigh?
- Answer: It weighs approximately 1.6 pounds.
What are the dimensions for the unit?
- Answer: The dimensions are 8.6 x 3.9 x 4.9 inches.
Is it possible to turn off the DA1560 using the dial?
- Answer: There is no Off setting on the dial. You can select between minimum to cotton.
How long is the power cord?
- Answer: The power cord is long at 97 inches or 8 feet long
Overall, the 1000 watt Rowenta DA1560 Travel Steam Iron is a high quality iron that is great for taking along when traveling. It works very well on a variety of fabrics and manages to removes wrinkles from clothes as smoothly as possible using its steam function.
The DA1560 is also compact in size, with a folding handle making even more compact for easier storage.
If you enjoyed reading this review on the Rowenta Travel Iron then read an in depth review on the Hamilton Beach 10092 Travel Iron.