Sunbeam Hot 2 Trot Travel Iron Review
- Takes wrinkles out of a wide variety of fabrics
- Compact design allows for easy traveling purposes
- Has a non-stick soleplate for smooth gliding over fabrics
- Comes with a unique Shot of Steam feature that deal with stubborn wrinkles
- 180-degree swivel cord prevents the wire from entangling
- Soft-touch dial and handle for user’s comfort
- “On” indicator light for safety purposes
With the Sunbeam 2630 Hot-2-Trot Compact Iron, you no longer have to walk around on your vacation or on your business trip in clothes that became rumpled in your suitcase. You can now always look neat and ready with this travel iron.
The Sunbeam 2630 with Nonstick Soleplate is an iron that takes on wrinkles and creases out of multiple types of fabrics and cloths. True to its name, the item comes with a non-stick soleplate that prevents the iron from snagging or catching on any part of your clothes. The iron runs over all types of clothes in a smooth, gliding manner.
The item comes with a special Shot of Steam feature which helps it flatten out particularly tough wrinkles. Being only 1.2 pounds, the iron is lightweight and easy to carry around for travel. Its compact design allows the iron to fit into nearly any type of traveling bag.
The 180-degree swivel cord of the Sunbeam Travel Iron prevents the cord from tangling. The device also comes with a lighted “on” button, that reminds you when the iron is on and therefore hot to touch.
User Reviews and Rating
More than half of the people who have used the Sunbeam 2630 Hot-2-Trot Compact Iron are happy with how this iron works. People like the way it can be carried around easily, perfect for travel purposes. Some people however, have commented on the way the iron leaves water blots on their clothes.
“I use this iron when I travel to various quilt shows,,, also, when i attend quilt retreats. It’s perfect,,, travels well, and the iron heats up quickly. both steam and dry…. highly recommend this product. “
Joanne Weston, Amazon Customer
“I bought this iron to use as my craft/sewing iron. I LOVE IT!!! It is the best iron I have used, I prefer it over my $100.00 Rowenta.
I use it mostly for quilting and ironing is 50% of quilting, if your pieces are not properly ironed your quilt will look awful! I teach sewing in a high school and am planning on buying seveal of these irons for my classroom. They use less wattage and work great. I have never had a problem with it leaking. “
K E Ague, Amazon Customer
- A lot of people like the weight and compact design of the iron, which makes it ideal for travel purposes.
- The iron heats up quickly and runs smoothly.
- Customers have also commended its comfortable hand grip and easy-to-use swivel cord.
- Some people have had problems with their irons leaking and leaving wet blots on their clothes.
Overall, the Sunbeam 2630 Hot-2-Trot Compact Iron is an iron that leaves your clothes wrinkle-free on every vacation and trip you go to. The iron works well, glides over clothes smoothly and heats up quickly.
This iron is recommended for anybody looking for a reasonably lightweight and well-functioning iron to bring along easily during travel.
If you enjoyed reading this review then read an in depth review on the Conair DPP143 EZ Press.